Are You Caught in Life's Storms?
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is a confidential, Christian caregiving ministry offering one-to-one care by trained laypeople to individuals experiencing various life difficulties such as:
- Terminal Illness
- Job Crisis
- Spiritual Crisis
- Prodigal Children
How Does A Stephen Minister Help?
Those who receive care from a Stephen Minister learn to more effectively deal with their situations by:
- Developing stronger ties with a community of Christians
- Understanding the role of suffering in life
- Accepting and giving forgiveness and grace
- Starting a relationship with God or growing stronger in their Christian walk
- Learning positive attitudes, healthy expectations, and a realistic self-image.
Apply Now for Stephen Ministry Training!
Learn to offer Christian care to someone going through a crisis or difficulty. Through Stephen Ministry, you receive over 50 hours of training in such skills as:
- Dealing with feelings
- Sharing Christian resources
- Remaining process-oriented
- Relating assertively
- Setting and keeping boundaries
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Viewing each crisis as an opportunity
Two tracks now available: At the end of training, you can choose the regular two year Stephen Ministry commitment in which we match you with someone of similar age, background, and life situation to meet with on a weekly basis; or you can choose personalized coaching in a particular caregiving ministry such as hospital visitation, support group facilitator, benevolence ministry, Bible study care minister, etc.
Training: Stephen Ministry training is available on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-9 p.m., from January through April of each year.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or 770.794.2983. To apply to be a Stephen Minister, download the Stephen Minister Application and return it to the Pastoral Care Office. Someone will follow up to schedule an interview.