Are You Caught in Life's Storms?
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is a confidential, Christian caregiving ministry offering one-to-one care by trained laypeople to individuals experiencing various life difficulties such as:
- Terminal Illness
- Job Crisis
- Spiritual Crisis
- Prodigal Children
How Does A Stephen Minister Help?
Those who receive care from a Stephen Minister learn to more effectively deal with their situations by:
- Developing stronger ties with a community of Christians
- Understanding the role of suffering in life
- Accepting and giving forgiveness and grace
- Starting a relationship with God or growing stronger in their Christian walk
- Learning positive attitudes, healthy expectations, and a realistic self-image.
Apply Now for Stephen Ministry Training!
Learn to offer Christian care to someone going through a crisis or difficulty. Stephen Ministry training includes over 50 hours of instruction in such skills as:
- Dealing with feelings
- Sharing Christian resources
- Remaining process-oriented
- Relating assertively
- Setting and keeping boundaries
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Viewing each crisis as an opportunity
Two tracks: At the end of training, choose the two year Stephen Ministry commitment in which we match you with someone of similar age, background, and life situation to meet with on a weekly basis; or choose personalized coaching in a particular ministry such as hospital visitation, support group facilitator, benevolence, Bible study care minister, etc.
Training: Tuesday evenings from 6:30-9 p.m., from January - April.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or 770.794.2983. To apply to be a Stephen Minister, download the Stephen Minister Application and return it to the Pastoral Care Office. Someone will follow up to schedule an interview.