24-Hour Prayer Line
Johnson Ferry’s Prayer Ministry spans miles beyond our community. Our 24-hour prayer line, as well as this website, receive prayer requests from around the world. Trained volunteers pray for these requests and send encouraging notes. The Prayer Ministry is important in ministering to those who attend Johnson Ferry. Additionally, volunteers call for follow up on those prayer requests. This ministry is not only a blessing to those prayed for, but also to the intercessors who pray.
Praying for UUPG
Prayer for UUPG will be suspended until Monday, January 9. Join us for weekly prayer for the Unreached Unengaged People Groups on Mondays, 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. in the Global Ministries Office located at 1000 Johnson Ferry Rd., Suite E-150. During the month of January, we are fasting and praying on Fridays with a special prayer time at 12 noon - 1 p.m. in the Chapel.
Opportunities to Serve
- 24 Hour Prayer Room — Commit to one hour each week to pray in one of two Prayer Rooms for the needs of our church, missionaries, and requests that are called in to the prayer line. (Room 1 takes phone requests, Room 2 does not). Substitutes are also needed. Training is provided prior to serving.
- Nightwatch — Once a quarter, take all or part of the 12 midnight-5 am shift in the Prayer Room as a personal prayer retreat.
- Prayer Room Updaters — Make calls to get updates on requests called into Prayer Rooms.
- Power Source — Meet with others in the Senior Pastor's office to pray during one of the Sunday worship services: 8:30, 9:50, or 11:15 a.m.
- Prayer Force — Pray regularly at home for JFBC pastors and their families. If you would like to receive quarterly prayer requests from our pastors, call the Prayer Ministry office for information.
- Prayer Chain — Receive a weekly mailing of confidential hospital and bereavement requests, as well as JFBC, missionary, and national leadership requests.
- Adopt-a-Leader — Commit to pray regularly for an elected official of their choice and communicate using supplied greeting cards.
- Shield-a-Badge — Commit to pray daily for an assigned police officer.
- Shield-a-Station — Commit to pray for one of 27 Cobb County or one of the 6 City of Marietta Fire and Emergency Services Stations.
- Moms in Touch — Meet with other moms weekly to pray for your children and their school.
- Prayer Walking — Receive booklets to guide you as you walk and pray for your neighborhood and/or the church.
- Sunday Bible Study Class Prayer Leader — Encourage and promote prayer in the Bible Study Class and serve as liaison to the Prayer Ministry.
- DNow Weekend Power Source — The Men of Johnson Ferry hold a prayer vigil during the weekend of Disciple Now each year in November. Disciple Now is a weekend retreat for middle and high school students.
24 hour Prayer Line: 770-971-PRAY (7729)