To register for Playball please go to www.playballcobb.com.
WHAT IS PLAYBALL?
Playball is a highly specialized ball sports program, devised and continually updated by sports experts, occupational therapists, and educational specialists. At Playball, girls and boys learn the basic skills for such sports as baseball, basketball, hockey, tennis, soccer, volleyball and more in a warm, caring, positive and friendly environment.
This unique program will teach your children essential life skills through the medium of sport. The sports and life skills learned at Playball give children the desire and confidence to participate in activities both on and off the field.
HOW DOES IT HELP CHILDREN?
At Playball we are committed to addressing the needs of the whole child, not just the physical, but also the social, emotional, and cognitive.
- Physical: fine/gross motor development, muscle tone, hand-eye/foot-eye coordination, body balance, spatial perception, motor planning.
- Social: sportsmanship, co-operation, discipline, respect, independence.
- Emotional: confidence, self-esteem, perseverance, responsibility.
- Cognitive: Auditory processing, visual discrimination, concentration skills
THE PLAYBALL CLASS.
- Classes are age appropriate, and progressive to ensure the systematic development of skills.
- For each age group we have ten beginner, ten intermediate and ten advanced lesson plans.
- Classes are structured, comprising 2 warm-ups, 6-8 basic sports skills, and a game.
- Each class of 6-8 children is small enough to clearly monitor development and progression but large enough to ensure a fun-filled environment.
- The program is non-competitive, so no child is ever put under pressure to achieve.
- The classes are fast paced, creative, and fun using lots of imagery and verbal labeling.