Crossroads Career ® Network of Johnson Ferry helps misemployed and unemployed people find meaningful work that utilizes their unique gifts and skill sets. Our ministry offers a variety of programs that are available to the community.
Monthly Network Meeting - Monday, January 6
The next monthly Crossroads Career networking meeting will be Monday, January 6th at 7:00 p.m. Join us earlier at 6:15 p.m. for individual coaching, resume reviews and refreshments. ALL are welcome...No RSVP necessary. Meet us in The Landing (Room 272-275), second floor - atrium area!
Questions? Please contact Jenny Dwelle at Career Transitions office firstname.lastname@example.org or 678.784.5270. For directions to the church, go to: www.johnsonferry.org.
Women's Small Group
Our Crossroads Ministry now offers a small group setting for women to provide support, accountability and equipping for the job search. This group is geared towards active job seekers who are desiring:
- Support and encouragement from women in similar situations
- Accountability for job searching
- To process through the emotional impact of job loss / transition
- To develop healthy ways of coping with job transition
- To prepare for a healthy return to the working world
- To use this time of job searching to invest in themselves!
For questions or to find out how to join our group, contact email@example.com or call 404.919.2524.
- Meetings are the 1st Monday of the month.
- Each meeting offers a 2-hour program that includes a career related topic presented by expert speakers as well as a time of devotion and prayer, networking and resume reviews. Generally we have Resume reviews at 6:15 p.m., followed by a featured speaker from 7 to 9 p.m. Networking time follows the speaker.
- Meetings are open to anyone and are free of charge.
1 1/2 day Career Explorers “crash course” workshop. This includes selected topics and is offered in April, June, July, and August.
Volunteers are available to speak on career related topics, including interviewing, job search, resume writing etc.
Job Leads (JFBCJobNet)
Job Explorers receive a daily list of job leads from local employers and recruiters via e-mail.
Job Explorers have access to JFBC Members who agree to take a networking call. They provide advice, industry specific guidance and encouragement. Attend the network meeting to get a contact.
Crossroads Career ® Network Membership
Our membership in Crossroads Career® Network gives us access to a world-class, Christ-centered career search portal with resources for jobs and to help you determine the best career for you, including:
- Job board and the web’s biggest, smartest job search engine, Search jobs posted by Crossroads Career® Network employers + over 5 million more jobs from thousands of employer and job sites.
- Online downloadable 70+ page Explorer Guide,
- Career tests, over 100 career tools and tips, and online studies.
Fill out our Crossroads Career ® Network registration form to begin the process. After registering, you will be sent an email with instructions on accessing information through the Crossroads Career® Network website.
Corporations, small businesses, recruiters, and other organizations are encouraged to forward current job openings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reach career explorers registered with other crossroads churches, we encourage you to also post jobs on the Crossroads Career® Network website.
We invite JFBC members or regular attendees with a passion for helping the unemployed/misemployed to serve in this ministry. We are seeking individuals with one or more of the following traits.
- Individuals with specialized skills (recruiters, human resource professionals, career consultant/coaches/counselors)
- Anyone who has personally walked through a career crossroad
- Individuals who are spiritually gifted in hospitality and encouragement
- Someone who just loves the Lord and cares for people!
We also have openings for those who would like to serve on the greeter/hospitality team, publicity team, and prayer team. We are always looking for speakers.
An orientation session will be held at 7 p.m. on the first Monday of each month. If you would like to attend, please let us know.