Be a positive and fruitful witness for Christ
where you live, work & play.
2014 Food Drive - Sun, Feb 16
Benefitting Storehouse Ministries,
MUST Ministries & Local Schools
- Sunday morning collection - leave your bags of food behind your car and it will be picked up by volunteers…so easy!
- Due to the weather 2/12 there is no Wednesday night drop but you can still bring food next week until Friday, Feb 21.
Suggested Items List (please no glass)
Canned Salmon 2 LB Flour/Corn Me
Boxed Oatmeal/Grits Boxed Jello
Mac & Cheese Boxed Powdered Milk
Dried Beans Saltines Crackers
Peanut Butter Canned Peas
Canned Juice Canned Corn
Package Cookies Canned Tuna
Pork’n‘Beans Canned/Dried Fruit
2 LB bag Sugar Boxed Pasta
Canned Meat Boxed Cereal
2 LB bag Rice Canned Green Beans
Canned Soup Spaghetti Sauce
Canned Tomatoes Jelly
How will you reach out to your neighbors, friends and co-workers in 2014? Have a great idea or story we can share? email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
10 ideas for building relationships with your neighbors and co-workers.
1. Special Delivery - Notice when you get a new
neighbor and go to meet them. See details below
how we can help!
2. PRAY for your neighbors.
3. Dessert or Cookout - invite 1 family or all the
surrounding families and start building those
4. Mini Collections/Drives - include your neighbors in collection for
items as we do drives at church. Let them know where it's
going and how they can help.
5. Tailgate in your driveway or clubhouse parking lot-
Get your neighbors together to enjoy a game or go to the park and create your own game!
6. Invite your neighbors to church with you. Grab lunch afterwards. Offer to pick them up.
7. Neighborhood Association Activities - Go to your neighborhood activities if you are available.
Great chance to meet your neighbors.
8. Go for a WALK - Just a simple act like going for a walk or taking the dog for a walk around the neighborhood
can help you meet people. If you don't run into anyone, start praying for each house as you pass by, just keep
your eyes open while you're walking :)
9. Go to a local high school game- Go with your neighbor or meet someone there. You are bound
to meet someone new or see someone you haven't run into in a while.
10. Start a Bible Study - Click here for a great website for starting a Neighborhood Bible Study.
Red Cross Blood Drive
Feb 13, March 13, April 10, May 8...
Sign up at www.redcrossblood.org with sponsor code jfbc.
We will be having a blood drive every month in 2014. Put the 2nd Thursday on your calendar and you can help in multiple ways---
1. Give every other month.
2. Volunteer at the registration or the refreshment table at the drive.
3. Provide baked goods to make our refreshments extra special!
4. Tell your friends and neighbors there is a close place to give with friendly volunteers and great refreshments!
5. Pray that everyone that comes will feel the spirit of Christ at Johnson Ferry!
Kid's Hope USA Mentoring Program at Local Schools
One child, one hour, once a week...change a life!
You can be partnered with a child from Murdock Elementary or Powers Ferry Elementary for the entire 2013-2014 school year to meet with them one hour per week and show them God's Love in a tangilble way. Matches are bases on needs and time available. You only have one child and you also choose or recieve a prayer partner to pray behind the scenes for you and your child. We currently have 22 mentors at Murdock and there are new stories everyday! It is a positive for the children, the mentors, the teachers and the parents!
Do you have a new neighbor that you would like to welcome to the neighborhood and let them know about Johnson Ferry? The Outreach office will supply you with a welcome bag and information for your new neighbor. You can add to it or take it as is. Then give us feedback on how it went by sending your story to email@example.com.
Resource Needs Group
Would you like to serve a single mom or an elderly neighbor with your gifts and resources? We all need a little help sometimes and our church community can lend a hand. We will email you when someone has a need such as a specific item, a small home project, yard work or an errand.
Opportunities in Local Schools
We are partners in Education with several local schools that feed into our children and youth groups. We also serve in schools where no "official" partnership exists. If you have a heart to be on a team for your child's or grandchild's school or just one that is on your heart, please call us about opportunities.
Some examples would be:
Service projects requested by school
Volunteer team to encourage the teachers and administration
Has God laid a ministry to our community on your heart?
We believe that it is the investment in our own families and in our own neighborhoods that strengthen our church. Has God been leading you to do ministry right here in your own Jerusalem? Call to find out how we might be able to come along side you in a ministry that is within our purpose and core values.