SERVE AND INTERACT
IN THE COMMUNITY...
We will help feed 50 Children that are typically on the free lunch program at school.
They might not get a meal without help.
Monday through Friday May 28- Aug 5.
- Donating food items in the white bins around church (Juice Boxes, Lunch bags of chips, fruit cups, lunch bags, ziplock bags, peanit butter, jelly, individually wrapped dessert items)
- Donate 2 dozen baked goods on Wednesday for Thursday lunches
- Help Assemble Lunches on Mondays from 9-10:30 am or Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 pm
Great for the whole family/ children under 4th grade need parent to be present
sign up through event registration by date ( 16 people per date or a class or small group can own a date)
- Deliver lunches - need a consistent team in order to build relationships - call Lisa to discuss options (deliveries will be about 11:30 am)
- $$ donations can be accepted by noting summer lunch on your contribution check
Need 4 drivers - this job requires van approval, background check and driving record checked
Largest Donation Need - Juice Boxes and fruit cups
Assembly Dates/ Status:
June 3 9am - 10:30
June 5 6:30pm- 7:30
June 10 9am - 10:30
June 12 6:30 pm - 7:30
June 17 9am - 10:30
June 19 6:30pm - 7:30
June 24 9am - 10:30
June 26 6:30pm - 7:30
July1 9am - 10:30
July 3 6:30 pm - 7:30
July 8 9am - 10:30
July 10 6:30 pm - 7:30
july 15 9am - 10:30
July 17 6:30 pm - 7:30
July 22 9am - 10:30
July 24 6:30 pm - 7:30
July 29 9am - 10:30
July 31 6:30 pm - 7:30
Aug 5 9am - 10:30
CREATE an BLOCK PARTY in your neighborhood
or with your Sports Team- We have Equipment for you to borrow.
Give us a date you are interested in and we will let you know if the equipment is available. We have sound system, moonwalk, sno cone machine, popcorn machine, blowup basketball game that are all options. We provide popcorn and sno cone juices. Call outreach or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about your neighborhood or team event. *to be used for outreach purposes, no personal parties, please.
10 ways to be a positive and fruitful witness while you live, work and play!
1. Special Delivery - Notice when you get a new
neighbor and go to meet them. See details below
how we can help!
2. PRAY for your neighbors.
3. Dessert or Cookout - invite 1 family or all the
surrounding families and start building those
4. Mini Collections/Drives - include your neighbors in collection for
items as we do drives at church. Let them know where it's
going and how they can help.
5. Tailgate in your driveway or clubhouse parking lot-
Get your neighbors together to enjoy a game or go to the park and create your own game!
6. Invite your neighbors to church with you. Grab lunch afterwards. Offer to pick them up.
7. Neighborhood Association Activities- Go to your neighborhood activity if you are available.
Great chance to meet your neighbors.
8. Go for a WALK - Just a simple act like going for a walk or taking the dog for a walk around the neighborhood
can help you meet people. If you don't run into anyone, start praying for each house as you pass by, just keep
your eyes open while you're walking :)
9. Go to a local High School Game- Go with your neighbor or meet someone there. You are bound
to meet someone new or see someone you haven't run into in a while.
10. Create your own opportunity around anything that you do in your life.
Red Cross Blood Drive EVERY 2nd THURSDAY! (2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
Next Drive May 9th in room 108
ALL participants in this drive will get a free oil change from Midas.
Sign up at www.redcrossblood.org with sponsor code jfbc.
We will be having a blood drive every month in 2013. Put the 2nd Thursday on your calendar and you can help in multiple ways---
1. Give every other month.
2. Volunteer at the registration or the refreshment table at the drive.
3. Provide baked goods to make our refreshments extra special!
4. Tell your friends and neighbors there is a close place to give with friendly volunteers and great refreshments!
5. Pray that everyone that comes will feel the spirit of Christ at Johnson Ferry!
Kid's Hope USA Mentoring Program at Local Schools
One child, one hour, once a week...change a life!
You can be partnered with a child from Murdock Elementary or Powers Ferry Elementary for the entire 2012-2013 school year to meet with them one hour per week and show them God's Love in a tangilble way. Matches are bases on needs and time available. You only have one child and you also choose or recieve a prayer partner to pray behind the scenes for you and your child. Last year we had 18 mentors at Murdock and there was not a negative comment! It was a positive for the children, the mentors, the teachers and the parents!
Do you have a new neighbor that you would like to welcome to the neighborhood and let them know about Johnson Ferry? The Outreach office will supply you with a welcome bag and information for your new neighbor. You can add to it or take it as is.
Resource Needs Group
Would you like to serve a single mom or an elderly neighbor with your gifts and resources? We all need a little help sometimes and our church community can lend a hand. We will email you when someone has a need such as a specific item, a small home project, yard work or an errand.
Opportunities in Local Schools
We are partners in Education with several local schools that feed into our children and youth groups. We also serve in schools where no "official" partnership exists. If you have a heart to be on a team for your child or grandchild's school or just one that is on your heart, please call us about opportunities.
Some examples would be:
Service projects requested by school
Volunteer team to encourage the teachers and administration
Has God laid a ministry to our community on your heart?
We believe that it is the investment in our own families and in our own neighborhoods that strengthen our church. Has God been leading you to do ministry right here in your own Jerusalem? Call to find out how we might be able to come along side you in a ministry that is within our purpose and core values.